Monday, May 23

Busy Birthday

Gina, Ryan and I headed back today to Evansville, not without event.

I got up this morning, having packed last night (Thank you, Ben, for reminding me!) and got in the shower. I woke up praying this morning. I was in such a good mood! It was awesome. I think I got just the right amount of sleep.

When I got dressed, Josh came out of his parents' bedroom and told me happy birthday. Grace came out just then, naked, and told me happy birthday. Then she said that I had birthday muffins downstairs. What a great way to start the day! We all sat down and ate banana muffins together before heading off to service.

Service was absolutely amazing this morning! I prayed on Friday night for a spirit of worship to fall upon me, and God answered my prayer. I have been totally juicified lately, completely into worship and not caring what anyone thinks of me. I sure didn't make that change. God did it. I couldn't sit down this morning, and I really didn't care what that looked like to everybody else in the congregation. I was just into expressing my love for Christ.

Our General Superintendent was speaking this morning, in town from Kansas City. (He's kinda like a pope is in the Catholic Church, except with a lot less control. There are 6, I think, GS's total at Nazarene Headquarters.) This guy could so speak. He was to the point, funny, energetic, and he totally kept my attention. At the end of the service, he asked for people to come up and pray if they had something they wanted to let go of. My friend asked me to go up with her, and I was super excited! I have not seen her go up front and pray at a service in a long time. It was so awesome! I laid hands on her and prayed, speaking what I felt God was laying on my heart to say. It's so awe - inspiring how God works. After the service, she told me that what I prayed was dead on for what she went up to seek Christ for. Wonderful is the Lord!

Ben took me to go meet Ryan and Gina for lunch. We ended up meeting at Chipotle, the best burrito place ever! I stinking love that place. I don't care who you are, you haven't had a burrito until you've had one there. I had a good time just hanging out with them and Brian and Rachel. It was so good to see them all on my birthday before heading off for the Nevada precursor.

Ben is so sweet. He took everyone's tray up afterwards and helped me load my three rather small bags into the car, as I have to buy a suitcase tomorrow. (Gina says I "pack like a girl", but I packed less than her for this trip. So there!) Ben was impressed with what little I had packed. How funny the different opinions one can get from different sources are. I gave him a hug and told him goodbye; it feels so right to be in his arms.

I told a few people at church this morning, including the woman who set us up, that Ben and I are officially a couple now. We're dating, courting, whatever you want to call it. It felt right. Something deep inside of me is really at peace with us being serious. Which is cool. I know that God changed my heart about this relationship because part of me wasn't willing to let go of my usual comfort, even though I am pretty comfortable being with Ben. How strange is the human psyche?

Gina, Ryan and I had so much fun going to Trader Joe's at Easton, stopping by my aunt's house and eating at Joe's Crab Shack in Louisville. I had a great disdain for Joe's Crab Shack based on a previous experience at that restaurant, but I now look at the establishment with a new fondness. I tried crab legs, as in "in the shell", for the first time tonight. Those little buggers are creepy. The legs kept moving and touching me when I would pick them up. Gross! I didn't think I was going to be able to eat them. I kept dropping them because I just couldn't stand the feel of the exoskeleton in my hand. It made me shudder! I was really trying to tough it out, and I eventually did. However, I had a few bumps along the way.

We sat outside on the pier, I mean Ohio River. (A view I am accustomed to as I lived in Evansville for the first twenty years of my life.) But the fun we had laughing together was really amazing. I miss Gina and Ryan so much, and I really wish that they were in Columbus. There is a reason that God has placed them in Eville though and that is a purpose demanding fulfillment.

We got all sugared up on "bananas foster" and then laughed our heads off the last hour or so home. (What Joe's calls Bananas Foster, is an ice cream enchilada. I don't care who you are.) We had some stinky shoes in the car, an emergency potty break to make and a few pictures to share by mobile. Oh, I just like being silly and letting loose sometimes. It's so good for the soul and I am so thankful that I have friends that I can be that way with. Ryan & Gina are true friends. I love them dearly.

I am super excited to see Jules, but I have to admit that I really miss Ben right now. I wish he were here. He sent me an e - card that I just got and it is so sick! Funny and flirty and stinkin' cute! I just can't take it. He makes me smile. I really like him!

I may not post again until after Nevada, just in case you are wondering. So much will be going on that I will want to record, but I need to take a break from blogging so I can spend time with Julie and Gina.

I am really excited to go into Vegas and window shop! I probably won't buy much, but I do have a birthday gift card to spend! Gina and I are going to visit the YWAM base in Vegas which I am totally stoked about. I wish that we could take part in a day outreach, but that did not work out after all. We'll still go visit though.

Anyway... until Ohio!!

No comments: