Friday, July 15

God teaches if we are willing to listen

Yep. And that's what he has done for me. Here I am in the middle of a situation that is potentially damaging, just waiting for God to tell me what to do. I have been seeking him. I have been crying out for guidance. And God spoke. Clearly. He has taught me a lot about myself in the past few months, as well as a lot about him. It's been really cool. In spite of the pain that has gripped my heart in the past week or so, I have had joy because the Lord has been showing me that what the enemy intended for evil, God used for good. I have become closer to God than I ever have been before and I am so excited about that.

Praise the Lord because he speaks to his children! Praise the Lord because he keeps us from harm! Praise the Lord because he allows us to experience pain in order to teach us to rely on him! Even though at times my heart is sad, I will praise the Lord!

So, I have realized that I have totally been slacking this entire summer about my application process, my passport, raising support money. All of that stuff. I am here to say that is changing as we speak! I need to do what God has called me to do. I need to go to YWAM and seek him even more! I know that this will be an excellent season of my life, as God will reveal himself more and more to me as I carry out my call to missions. I'm pretty dog - gone excited too!

Anyway, I'm getting ready to head off to my small group. I am really excited to tell about the wonderful things God has done for me in the past few months and to have them pray for me as I head into fulfilling the call on my life. It is going to be so awesome to share this with them! I really hope that they can grow in faith as well from hearing my testimony. I gotta make sure God guides me to share, but I already believe that he is going to because of the excitement I feel.

No comments: