Wednesday, April 27

If I could turn back time...

My church has some pretty cool stuff going on right now. I am pretty excited about most of it, in fact.

Tonight we had family night where all the teens, kids and families got together to hang out. We played dodge ball reminiscent of first grade when all the strong kids pelted me calling me "fat girl" until I cried my seven year old little eyes out. I played tonight anyway. You know, I gotta get into youth ministry, not just talk about it. Which basically means I have a green light to act like a total fool for three hours. I am such a sanguine.


Two of my pastor's sons are teenagers and took lessons on pitching from Nolan Ryan or something because they throw fast. One threw a ball that was tipped by someone else playing and hit me square in the nose. All I saw was a ball in my face, felt pain and everything got blurry. I teared up; I felt like my face was going to explode. My nose burned and I leaned back against the wall because I felt like I was going to pass out. I'm just glad the ball was blocked first. What if it would have hit me directly?

Every time I do this kind of stuff, I find I am almost too accident - prone to be involved. I usually end up getting hurt somehow.

My nose may be bruised in the morning. The hit happened hours ago, but it still hurts. Stinkin' teenagers who are good at sports!

I'll get you if it's the last thing I do Josh!! Hee hee hee.

No comments: