Wednesday, June 22

Love and Marriage

So, talking about getting married is great.

Talking about how you'll pay for it? Not so much.

I really don't want to have a white trash wedding, and I would really rather not have a backyard BBQ kind of wedding. It breaks my heart. I don't want to have a reception that is all ghetto. I have been to ghetto weddings, and they are not that pretty. Everyone sits around and pretends that they are, but they really aren't. They're tolerable. And yes, there is a difference.

There has to be a way to have a classy wedding on a budget.

Although, it doesn't really matter if it's like crazy amazing. What matters is that I will be marrying someone who loves me tons, but loves Christ more. And that's what God needs to embed deep in my heart, because I am kind of playing the role of the whiny brat right now.

And I hate admitting that, but I have to.



3 comments:

JeannaBelle said...

meg, a wedding is about celebrating the covenant between the bride and groom and God. That's it...but you'd be suprised what some of us could pull off with no mulah at all. Just set aside as much as you can until then, God will bless you, don't you dare count him out of this finance thing...He wants to be part of it all.

Meg said...

Thanks, Jeanna. I needed to hear that.

jmuppet said...

I am so happy for you! I'm happy that you're happy...I know that sounds like a lot of happy, but that's what it is. Be blessed, I send warm wishes your way.