Saturday, June 18

And God Moved

The story of my life lately is the power of the Holy Spirit in someone's life and what that Spirit can do if given free reign.

God healed my broken heart this week. Years of abuse had a hold on me, but the Lord is my deliverer!

deliverer
n 1: a teacher and prophet born in Bethlehem and active in Nazareth; his life and sermons form the basis for Christianity (circa 4 BC - AD 29) [syn:
Jesus, Jesus of Nazareth, the Nazarene, Jesus Christ, Christ, Savior, Saviour, Good Shepherd, Redeemer, Deliverer] 2: a person who rescues you from harm or danger [syn: savior, saviour, rescuer]
Source: dictionary.com

Every time I look into Ben's eyes, God heals my heart from feeling like it cannot love a man.

love
This word seems to require explanation only in the case of its use by our Lord in his interview with "Simon, the son of Jonas," after his resurrection (John21:16, 17). When our Lord says, "Lovest thou me?" he uses the Greek word_agapas_; and when Simon answers, he uses the Greek word _philo_, i.e., "I love." This is the usage in the first and second questions put by our Lord; but in the third our Lord uses Simon's word. The distinction between these two Greek words is thus fitly described by Trench:, "_Agapan_ has more of judgment and deliberate choice; _philein_ has more of attachment and peculiar personal affection. Thus the 'Lovest thou' (Gr. agapas) on the lips of the Lord seems to Peter at this moment too cold a word, as though his Lord were keeping him at a distance, or at least not inviting him to draw near, as in the passionate yearning of his heart he desired now to do. Therefore he puts by the word and substitutes his own stronger 'I love' (Gr. philo) in its room. A second time he does the same. And now he has conquered; for when the Lord demands a third time whether he loves him, he does it in the word which alone will satisfy Peter('Lovest thou,' Gr. phileis), which alone claims from him that personal attachment and affection with which indeed he knows that his heart is full." In 1 Cor. 13 the apostle sets forth the excellency of love, as the word "charity" there is rendered in the Revised Version.

Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

Every time I smile, I am proof of God's healing power in the mind and emotions. Back in the day, I used to be so depressed. Not anymore.


joy ( P ) (joi)n.
Intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness.
The expression or manifestation of such feeling.
A source or an object of pleasure or satisfaction: their only child, their pride and joy.

v. joyed, joy·ing, joys
v. intr.
To take great pleasure; rejoice.

v. tr. Archaic
To fill with ecstatic happiness, pleasure, or satisfaction.
To enjoy.

Source: dictionary.com
Psalm 18:3 (New Living Translation)
I will call on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, for he saves me from my enemies.
Psalm 7:17 (The Message)
I'm thanking God, who makes things right.
I'm singing the fame of heaven-high GOD.
Psalm 7:17 (Contemporary English Version)
I will praise you, LORD!
You always do right.
I will sing about you,
the LORD Most High.
Psalm 71:23 (New Living Translation)
I will shout for joy and sing your praises, for you have redeemed me.
Psalm 108:3 (The Message)
I'm thanking you, GOD, out in the streets,
singing your praises in town and country.
Psalm 111:1 (The Message)
Hallelujah! I give thanks to GOD with everything I've got--
Wherever good people gather, and in the congregation.
Psalm 118:28 (New Living Translation)
You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you!
Psalm 146:2 (New Living Translation)
I will praise the LORD as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God even with my dying breath.

No comments: