The 10/40 Window is an imaginary rectangle drawn on the globe stretching from the tenth to the fortieth parallels, north of the equator. Containing one third of the landmass of the planet, it is where the greatest concentration of the world's unreached people live out their days.
- 60% of the world's population (that's 3.9 billion people) live in the 10/40 Window, and 95% of them have never heard the Gospel
- People in the 10/40 respond to the gospel at a rate 110 times higher than people elsewhere
- Only 2 out of 100 missionaries work in the 10/40 Window
- 17 million Hindus, 613 million Buddhists, and 1 billion Muslims live there, each of these religions having started within the 10/40
- 82% of the poorest of the poor live in the 10/40, but…
- less than 2% of all money spent on every form of Christian ministry is used in the 10/40