Tuesday, March 22

Bitersweet Sentiments

It's 2:33a and I am still not done cleaning out the room I have been subletting for the past two and a half months. I had so many things to do today that I just couldn't get everything finished. Plus, I did go to my hometown in IN over the weekend.

I look around at these sand textured white walls and I am glad they cannot talk. I have cried a lot in this room. I have told God off a lot in this room. I have considered stepping out of his will a lot in this room. Many times I have looked at my friend's momentos she left on shelves while she danced salsa in Equador. I look at pictures of her family, her friends and especially the tribute picture of her sister who passed away last year. It hangs conventiently above the computer desk surrounded by inspirational sayings and scripture verses. I wonder how many times she has cried in this room...

I am super excited about where my life is going right now. I have no idea where I'll be living, working or doing anything. I know I'll be in Seattle in September at the YWAM base and I know that I'll be attending my church until then. I am finally okay saying to people that things are up in the air.

I am also a little nervous. Seattle is a big place and I will be surrounded by all new people. I will also be going on a mission trip overseas and I have no idea as of yet where that will be.

I am going to miss this room; I will desperately miss my housemates. I have bonded with them so much. We have all shared some pretty intense experiences over the past few months, but we have also had a lot of fun. They make me laugh. I will forevermore have a fondness of American Idol after all the weeks we have spent voting for Bo Bice, along with every NASCAR lovin', Bush votin', Firebird drivin' American.

There is definitely something to be said for living in community with people, being intimately involved in each others' lives.

To Amee, Gina and Mandy:
You will forever be in my heart. Thank you for sharing your home with me. You made me feel accepted and loved, and somewhere along the way this became my home too. Thank you for your openness and honesty. May God bless you abundantly for being such a blessing to me. I am so thankful that I can call you my friends.

No comments: