Monday, February 21

Just for the record

I was down to like $30 two weeks ago. I was super confused as to how I was going to pay my bills. My unemployment had not been approved after being fired yet, and I was really beginning to worry. I prayed really hard, asking God to provide for me. In the bible, he promises to provide our needs, plus he also promises to keep his word. (Sometimes I get confused on that whole needs thing and start expecting him to provide my wants, but that's a whole different post.)

It is now two weeks later and I have the money I asked for. And more. My unemployment was granted, many generous friends gave me money, and I received a refund from the IRS.

I asked him for help, and he answered my prayers. I am so happy to say that God is who he says he is. He continues to prove himself to me even when he doesn't have to. I love him so much, and I am so blessed to be loved by him. I hope others can see this in my life.

I just cannot believe that he did that for me, even though I really should believe it; it's his promise to make and keep. However, I don't feel that important that God would pay attention to my needs. I mean, I'm an ant compared to the billions on the Earth, but that doesn't stop him from noticing me. When it comes to my life, he thinks I matter.

He thinks you matter too, just for the record.