Tuesday, May 2

Practice makes perfect!

Today I helped some friends of mine out by staying at their house last night and taking their kids to school this morning. I loved doing it! It was fun! The 10 year old girl looked at me as we were leaving the house and said, "Megan, you're a mom!" I loved that!

Some people act like when I baby-sit or nanny for them that it is an inconvenience for me. Not usually. And not really. I love kids! I am sure I'll be a great mom some day, and being able to spend time with my friends' children is great practice. I really enjoy being able to hone my child care skills and talk to kids, influencing their lives. It is a great opportunity and honor as well to serve people by helping them raise their children. What a great thing to do!

And sometimes, when I do it, I think about being a mom someday. I think about being able to adopt a child that needs a good home as well as having my own children. I think about what it would be like to be married, and I wonder when it will happen. Although, sometimes when I see how my married friends act, it makes me a little scared to get married. Worrysome, even.

Men and women are so different. I don't understand how guys come to some of the logic they do honestly, but that could be the particular guy. Not the sex as a whole. I mean, some people just don't have a flow of logic that works. Women don't sometimes. I should know. I am one of them. It's funny how much I wonder what it would be like to be inside someone else's head as an observer and see the world as they see it. I would sit in their brain in a chair watching their life on a movie screen, while being able to hear the overdub of their "inside voice" so I would know what is driving them to make the decisions they--

I have been reading too much science fiction.

Speaking of reading, I am reading more Donald Miller. Searching For God Knows What is a really great book so far. I love Miller's writing style! And I love that he is so personable in his books. It's like I'm sitting down to coffee with him while he explains his worldview to me. I dig that.

It makes me want to write my book. I think that is part of what this summer is about. Getting some more research down for my book. Working on getting some ideas typed out. Maybe I'll be able to afford a laptop sooner or later. That would be a great help in this venture! God has really put this idea for a book on my heart, and every time I think about it, I get excited! I would love to encourage my generation... Well, I really don't want to make the idea public as of yet, but I am talking about having the idea of a book with people. That's been cool. Some have looked at me with shock and wonder in their eyes. Some have been encouraging. Some quickly changed the subject. I mean, who knew, right? Me. Wanting to write a book. Interesting.

Anyway, I hope that things keep pressing on for me going back home. I really have to keep a tight watch on my finances these days. No more eating out, that's for sure!

God, do your thing. Please help this yard sale to work out. And please help me to be able to get my storage space cleaned out more. Thanks for looking out for me, dude. It's been a great ride!

No comments: